I've yet to give this project a lot of thought, I just know that I'll be taking a photograph every day. I'll try to stick to my first thought or idea and not be too contrived or precious about the whole thing.
So, here we have 'Ghost'. The little fella in question was a $2 impulse buy from a Walmart in Minneapolis. The other impluse purchase on that shopping trip was a pack of Hello Kitty sticking plasters; not shown and luckily not yet called into use. Ghost was of course intended to be used at Halloween but I didn't have any tealights at the time, so here he stayed on the kitchen windowsill. For the first time in years I didn't get around to carving a pumpkin. I will try better this year.
Behind Ghost is our spurtle. It's for stirring porridge oats and I got it for Cliff in Paoroa in New Zealand, although spurtles are traditionally from Scotland. I bought it from the wood-turner who made it. Behind the spurtle is our rolling pin; no story there and I can't remember where it came from. The pink carabiner has of course never been near a mountain or a rope, it was probably used to secure something to one of our rucsacks during our trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment